How to Remove Chocolate Stains from your Carpets in Summerville
Please before trying any of the stain fighting methods below, test out all products on an inconspicuous spot. Act fast; the longer the chocolate stain is sitting, the harder it will be to remove it.
- When the chocolate has dried, take a butter knife and scrape off as much as the chocolate stain as you can.
- After scraping as much chocolate residue as you can from the carpet, vacuum directly over the stain to remove any flakes that may remain.
- Using a paper towel or white clean cloth, use carpet stain remover to try and lift the chocolate stain.
- Blot the stain, do not rub.
- If remnants of the chocolate stain are still visible, mix ¼ teaspoon of white detergent and one cup lukewarm water.
- Begin blotting the carpet, working from the outer edge of the stain to the inner part. Doing so ensures you’re not spreading the chocolate stain further.
- Continue blotting, changing the towel as needed, until stain lifts.
Don’t let a chocolate stain ruin your day Summerville. Treated quickly, most chocolate stain will come out of carpet.